Saturday 26 January 2013

Growing things

-->
With Christmas over and the snows falling I find myself longing for spring. This is reflected in the jewellery designs I most want to make. Flowers and leaves always feature a lot in my work, but at this time of year when I'm most craving to see the real world bloom they are particularly satisfying to make.

Leaf earrings

These leaf earrings may take a lot of concentration and time to make, despite being only 1.5cm long (plus hook), but are very satisfying for that part of me that wants winter to hurry up and go! And they look particularly good with the matching leaf necklace.

Leaf necklace

Of course, Silent Bob is just as eager for the warm weather to come and spends his time watching me work!

Silent Bob, watching me work

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous leaves, Helen! (Very beautiful cat, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny. The leaves have already found their new home. And Silent Bob knows he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete